Thursday night: We were supposed to be moving into our new place on Saturday, but Sam forgot he had to be at school all day on Saturday for a mandatory class project. Hmmm, 5 foot tall pregnant girl moving without big strong Sam…seems like a BAD idea. So, at 6pm on Thursday night, I call the movers to see if we can reschedule. Well, some poor girls father or grandfather (or some relative) died, so they had a cancelation on Friday. Wow – that’s tomorrow. What else have they got? NOTHING until November 21st!! Ok, tomorrow it is! Sigh.
Small problem. We are nowhere near packed enough for the movers to come! I am EXHAUSTED (was dozing in front of my computer screen since 11:30am!) and about to have a psycho pregnancy hormone breakdown. Sam is at the library until it closes at midnight, because he has a final paper due that counts as his entire grade for the semester.
Thankfully, my dear friend/cousin Sara comes to the rescue. She brings chocolate, she helps me pack, and when we are done she rubs my feet with smelly lotion while we watch Grey’s Anatomy with no commercials. Sara has been my crisis call since the 7th grade and somehow her magical (although tiny) massage fingers always come into play…
Sam finally comes home and goes straight to work again on his monstrous paper, poor guy. He has been up until the wee hours of the morning all week working on it.
MOVING DAY! It’s Friday morning and I am SICK. Sick as in morning sickness…It is 5am and I am puking my guts out while Sam sits at the kitchen table finishing his 45 page final paper for Appellate Advocacy. He hasn’t slept in at least 24 hours, and has been working for about 14 hours straight. How can I be so sick today of all days?! Not only are the movers coming in a matter of hours, but I have to somehow get myself to work to host a huge lunch event at my office for 400 people!! The event is from 12:00-2:00pm, and our movers are due at 12:30! Sam has 6 hours to finish his paper, and finish packing so he can direct the movers while I am at the office. This truly is a nightmare.
Luckily, my event went smoothly and I was able to leave quickly, our movers were FABULOUS (they are called “My Dad’s Moving Company” if anyone needs a good mover…Rick is the owner, and they were fast, friendly, so great! They have great reviews on yelp! if my recommendations isn’t strong enough! You can check them out here: )
The movers were gone by 4:00pm, which left Sam and I with a cold, half eaten pizza and an unmade bed to crash in. Well, for me at least. Sam abandoned me passed out in the bed and found his way to Happy Donuts (the closest free wireless location) to finish the notations on his paper. At last, around 7:30 pm, he emailed it off to his professor and returned home. The weekend was spent unpacking – in between naps that is! I really can’t wait for this ridiculous exhaustion to ease up even a little…I am supposed to be hosting Thanksgiving in our new home, which I am thrilled about, but still quite curious to see how all this work will get done in time!
No comments:
Post a Comment