I have been getting complaints that it has been too long since we posted a belly picture, especially from those who live far away and don't get to witness my growing baby bump.Well, here it is. Taken this morning, in all my 18 week glory. I have actually grown quite a bit in the last few weeks, and due to the quickly growing tummy, have officially moved to the oh so sexy elastic toped maternity pants.
On another note, here is a quick update on the development of the baby:
The baby is just over 5 inches long, weighs almost 6 ounces, looks very human, is developing his unique fingerprints, is starting to accumulate fat, and can now hear sounds outside of my body. Sam has been having a little too much fun with that last one. He has been WAITING and waiting for the week he can start communicating with
our little one. In the last few days he has begun putting is mouth right on my tummy and saying, "Hellloooooo baby..." in a low, loud voice that makes all my insides vibrate and tickle!! It is adorable that he wasts to talk to the baby, and have the baby know his voice, but I think a slightly more refined approach with softer tones and less physical affect from the sound vibrations might be a bit more successful. To the right, is a great picture of an 18 week old fetus...I love having such a clear idea of what our baby looks like as it grows and develops!
1 comment:
Hi Amber, Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I just started this whole blogging thing a few weeks ago, and I connected to yours off of my cousin, Rachel Kirkham. It is so nice to be able to catch up with family and friends- and it sounds like all is going well for you and Sam. Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment