Monday, March 17, 2008

The Final Frontier



It's official. I am now in my third and final trimester! You would think I would be more excited, but in the last week or so I have started to feel a bit uncomfortable as I continue to grow, and I realized that I have nearly THREE months to go - during which I will only get bigger and even more uncomfortable!

So what happens during the third trimester? A huge list of things, but I will only address the few things happening in/around week 28, since that's where we are now.
  1. The little guy now weighs approximately two and half pounds
  2. He is about 15 inches long in total
  3. The many folds of the brain are continuing to develop while the amount of brain tissue increases
  4. His lungs can now breathe air
  5. My lungs need to absorb 20% more oxygen with each breath to supply enough for the baby
Pretty cool stuff. Really though, he is just hanging out in there, squirming and kicking up a storm and getting fatter and fatter everyday! Hooray for chunky fat babies! (And chunky mamas too - man oh man, I just keep getting bigger!)

2 comments:

Holly said...

You're SUPPOSED to get bigger, silly. You look perfect!
Can I hold him yet?????

Tamms said...

I really think you look beautiful Amber! Thanks for the pics.