where we remedied our hunger pains, and Sam found himself a new swanky sweatshirt that made him feel like a tough guy:
After that we cruised down Cannery Row and I took Sam to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for the first time! (To be fair, I don't think I have been since I was there on a 4th grade field trip.) Despite being a bit chilly, it was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun checking out all the incredible exhibits. Here is some kind of weird flat fish that hides in the sand...(see how much we learned?!)

Here is an amazing shot of some of the most incredible creatures ever...Jellyfish - yikes!


The sea otters are always a favorite - although we caught them at nap time. They were pretty adorable. One guy was all wrapped up in some seaweed...


These guys were so cute, they were cuddling!


After we left Monterey, we headed to a fabulous little B&B in Santa Cruz called the Pleasure Point Inn, right at the 41st Street break - a well known surfing spot. It was so lovely, but I still think my favorite part was the HUGE spa tub - I was swimming in it, and it made my sore growing body feel great after walking all day in Monterey. We walked around downtown Santa Cruz where we picked up pizza. We took it home and stayed in and watched a movie...I know, pretty sad for a "babymoon" but what can I say? I was sore, swollen, tired and hungry. Welcome to being 37 weeks pregnant!!
Truthfully, after another year of work, apartment managing, party planning and law school, a low key, relaxing little trip was exactly what we needed.
Truthfully, after another year of work, apartment managing, party planning and law school, a low key, relaxing little trip was exactly what we needed.




No comments:
Post a Comment