Monday, August 11, 2008

New toy

While visiting friends a week or so ago, we put Henry down next to their baby on one of those little activity gym things. Henry loved it, and it quickly became obvious that we had to get one! So, I searched the web to find the right one for us. In doing my research, I found one made by Boppy, that had tons of five-star ratings. Every comment said, "my baby LOVES the singing butterfly!". Well, I was intrigued by this mysterious singing butterfly, and liked the fact that it also came with a little mini Boppy for baby to lounge on and practice tummy time.

So, we made the trek to the dreaded Babies R Us store, and purchased this fabulous activity gym. When we got it home, we put Henry on it, and jiggled the little butterfly. It immediately started playing a soft, lovely melody while little yellow, glowing lights lit up in different areas of the butterfly wings in time with the music. Henry stared at it so intensely! When the music stopped, he wrinkled his brow at the butterfly, then ginned a huge grin, and started talking and cooing to it, as if asking it to sing to him again. After a few minutes of this, we jostled the butterfly again, and Henry's instantly smiled and squealed with delight.

Hailey is a very cute baby, but I think this magical singing butterfly might be Henry's true love.

Tummy time isn't so bad...

There is a great video of the interaction with his new friend the butterfly, we promise to post it soon.

2 comments:

afro said...

I have to come out of "lurker" status to say--this is one of my most favorite blogs. I may have moved away, but waited since the lovely wedding day for you both to see the offspring. Thank you for taking the time out to share henry with us. he's beautiful. congrats to you both.-afton

afro said...

oh--and I watched that video of sam making him laugh with the lips ---about 10 times...very cool. and hilarious.