To tell you the truth, it is kinda disconcerting. Here I am at the breakfast table, calming chomping on my old-fashioned oatmeal, complete with brown sugar and bananas (HEY -- don't knock it 'till you try it!), Henry just moments ago was calming starring at his toy rattle, telepathically ordering it to divulge its secrets of good taste and pleasing color schemes and all of a sudden I hear him squawking at me in his baby dinosaur voice. (Which he, also, recently developed.)
I look down and I find him wearing his angry eyes with clear, unmistakable designs on my latest bite of oatmeal/banana goodness.
The kid wouldn't know what to do with it if I did give it too him. All he has had in his digestive track has been mother's milk, formula, and a touch of root beer that we are still keeping between us so his mother doesn't find out.
It is clear to me that he has also been watching Amber. You see, Amber has developed quite the relationship with her water bottle. She carries it everywhere with her, constantly sucking down the clear, cold fluid. (Might have something to do with the fact that she gives up 20 to 24 ounces of her own fluids every day...).
I say he has been watching Amber because of what happened tonight. Calmly, Henry reached forth from my lap and took Amber's bottle in his hand. We, being the shutter-bug parents we are, had our camera right there and filmed this little gem:
What kills me -- what ABSOLUTELY KILLS ME -- is that Henry knows to put the straw in his mouth but after that... wha? no fluid in mouth? Am I doing this wrong?
Kids don't learn how to suck from straws for quite some time -- but, man, it's fun to watch a kid try and try... isn't it?
2 comments:
priceless. I sorta feel bad for him, though he doesn't seem upset by it!
Kids have so much determination!
They grow up so fast, I'm glad you guys do so many videos! Make sure you save 'em!
Post a Comment