Last Thursday morning (12/10) I was enjoying a quiet shower in the wee hours of the morning.
The bathroom door opens. I hear little feet. I see a small, blonde, blurry image through the glass of the shower doors.
"Mom?"
I slide open the shower door and peek my head around the side.
"Hi lovey! Did you wake up?"
Nod and big smile. His hair is sticking in many different directions, he is wearing his fleece footed PJ's, sucking his pacifier and clutching his beloved bunny (aka "Munny").
He comes right up to the shower door, intently removes his pacifier, sticks his face into the shower and says, "Kiss?"
Wow! I haven't ever heard him say that before - nor has he ever asked me to kiss him. Adorable. Of course I oblige.
After he gets his kiss, Henry smiles widely then pauses thoughtfully before clearly saying,
"I love you."
Just before that moment, Sam had come to the bathroom door, to find the wandering child. After hearing those three little perfect words, I looked up in astonishment at my husband who also looked bewildered. The look we shared said it all. We couldn't believe what we were hearing from our sweet (and verbal!) 18 month-old son.
My heart just melted, and I was, of course, in tears at this point, but little Henry just put his pacifier back in his mouth, turned around and walked out the bathroom door without a thought.
It was by far, one of the best moments as a parent to date.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THis is the sweetest story ever! And you captured the moment so well in your writing. LOVE it.
Awesome! Henry is so cute and amazingly verbal. I love it!
So sweet. Love that kid!
Post a Comment