Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun with Photos

I have had a lovely, digital SLR camera for over 2 years now. I am ashamed to say that it wasn't until this weekend that I ever took it off of the "auto" setting.

I was lucky enough to take a fabulous photography workshop on Saturday with my favorite photographer ever - Annie Florin. She took family photos (here is our fav) for us last year and we still drool over them. Annie and her friend/partner in crime, Kali Kraum recently started Snap Happy Workshops, and I was one of the lucky members of their very first class! If you have the opportunity to attend, you absolutely should. I learned a ton, was inspired and had a blast.

I officially now have the bug. I have been shutter-happy all weekend! Thanks to a nice tax refund, Sam and I decided to splurge on a new lens so that I can really put my new skills to good use! For those interested, I got a 50mm f/1.4 and it is incredibly awesome.

Unfortunately, when I wanted to play, Henry was sleeping and Sam was an unwilling subject. So my options were a sleepy and annoyed dog, Henry's toy school bus and Batman action figures, and my polka-dot rain boots. (Yes, I was mocked thoroughly for spending over an hour posing Batman action figures and photographing them.)

Here are some of my test shots - please kind, I am a BEGINNER!
(Keep in mind, the light in my home at 10 p.m. is less than ideal.)





1 comment:

kali kraum said...

wow! either you already had the skills or we are really good teachers ;-) great shots!