Tuesday, March 23, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day caught me by surprise this year. I had forgotten all about it, and had also forgotten that my little leprechaun is now old enough to get a kick out of these fun and festive holidays!

It wasn't until I dropped Henry off at daycare yesterday that I realized my mistake! Poor Henry was the only kid without a green shirt. His daycare is so spectacular, it really is like a little family away from home. They do so many crafts, stories, events, stories, parties, etc. Of course they had been preparing for this all week!

Luckily, I had the opportunity to redeem myself. I ran to Target after I dropped him off, grabbed him a cute green t-shirt and some green food coloring. I ran home for a meeting (I was working form home) and made green rice krispy treats while I was on my conference call. I had to pick up Henry for a doctor's appointment mid-morning, so when I went back to get him, I brought his new green shirt. He exclaimed, "Green shirt for Henry! Yay! Put it on?"

Phew! After the doctor, I brought him back to daycare and brought in the treats for the kids to have with their afternoon snack. When I picked him up at the end of the day, this is what he looked like. He had an incredible day! He had so much fun. They all got tattoos, green hair, treats, little toys to take home, made Shamrock necklaces and duck calling whistles to scare the naughty leprechauns away.

No comments: