When putting Henry to bed on Thanksgiving, I asked him what he was thankful for.
"I am thankful for my superpower."
"Anything else?"
"No."
I desperately tried not to giggle. (Henry's superpower, by the way, is that he can see in the dark. Or, at least, he thinks he can. When his eyes adjust to the dark in his room, he can still see his ceiling fan, dresser, etc. He thinks that means he can see in the dark and therefore, has a superpower. What is Sam's superpower? According to Henry, "his big brain.")
After a long pause Henry finally said,
"I am thankful for my baby brother." (We don't know yet if the baby is a boy or a girl, and he changes his mind almost daily.)
"And I'm thankful for my jobs."
"Your jobs?"
"Yeah, like when I put my things in my room, or when I help pass out lunch at Sherry and Bob's." (His school/daycare.)
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment