Yes, I know it has been weeks and weeks since our last posting, but such is the life of busy holiday travelers...
After returning from the lovely Palm Springs where we spent Christmas with the Harrison clan golfing, playing tennis and lounging by the pool, we decided to see if our little babe would allow us to learn a little more about it!
Because we are impatient and too excitable, we decided to check out one of those 3D/4D ultrasound places, where you can get loads of pictures and a DVD of your baby swimming in the womb...a DVD you know you may watch only ONCE, if ever again. (Although, we actually ALREADY watched it once, and we only got it last night so, who knows! We will likely bore many of you to tears by forcing you to watch nearly indistinguishable images set to lullabies for 15 minutes...)
We entered a small office where we were greeted with smiles and hushed voices. After the obligatory paperwork, we were invited into the ultrasound room. Now, there are a few great advantages to going to one of these establishments; you get to watch your baby for MUCH longer than you would at the Dr's office, you can often learn the sex of the baby weeks before the Dr. will tell you, you can take home dozens of pictures and even video, but the best of all, is that you can bring your family!!!
The ultrasound room was small but cozy, warm and dim. My mom, dad and brother accompanied Sam and I into the room, and took their places on comfy couches while Sam sat next to me after I had climbed on the table. They actually projected the images on the wall, so it was huge! It was incredibly fun to make and hear the commentary as we all watched the funny little movements. I was amazed that those movements were already so baby like! Yawning and stretching and sucking on hands and fingers. It was a pretty special thing to have all my family there too.
Well, to get to the point, we learned that we have ourselves a baby BOY! Sam was right from day one - and I think he was the ONLY one who predicted correctly.
I actually caught a nasty cold and cough while in Palm Springs, so when the technician asked me to cough, it was not hard! When I coughed, you could see the muscles contract around the baby, making his walls cave in on him ever so slightly. Apparently, he didn't like that very much because he immediately took one of his little innocent balled up fists and punched me back! As if that wasn't enough evidence that this little one is of the male persuasion....we were also able to see his little boy parts pretty clearly!
Let the shopping begin!!!
p.s. many of the photos will be posted soon...I promise! I still need to scan and prepare some of the digital images.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment