Friday, September 12, 2008

Together? Not quite...

I am not sure why, but this week I seem to have gotten many compliments from many different folks regarding my "togetherness". Apparently, I have the appearance of being one of those moms who don't look sleep deprived, hair brained or milk stained. Maybe it is because I manage to put on make-up most days, or maybe now that I chopped my hair it is actually styled more often than not.
Don't let appearances fool you...

Yesterday, I was explaining to some friends how Henry loves to stand.

"Oh, he is so strong! You just hold him under the EYES..." (ARMS, people, I meant to say ARMS.)

Shoot. Did I just tell a group of adults that I hold my 3 month old up by the eyes? Yikes. Much mocking immediately ensued.

Then today, I asked Sam if he had closed the door to Henry's room, or if the wind had done it. Well, I meant to ask if the wind had done it, but in reality, I asked:

"Did you close the door, or did the laundry room do it?"

Lesson: If I want people to continue thinking I am some amazing, totally together supermom, I should keep my mouth SHUT!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I can't wait to hold him under the eyes again.....don't worry. Your the bestest momther.