Tonight I felt like superwoman. I came home from work right on time, and when I got home, Henry was taking a little snooze, so I used the the free half hour to make dinner, get brownies in the oven for a fundraiser bake sale at work, and pick up the house. When Henry woke up I got to eat my dinner and just snuggle my baby. Sam went off to class and I had to run to the pharmacy, so Henry and I took a little drive. We just had to pop in and pick up a prescription so I left everything in the car but my debit card. Cut to five minutes later, when I realize while walking to the car that the ONLY things I am carrying are Henry and my little pharmacy bag. No keys. No cellphone.
Awwww crap.
I look in the back seat, and sure enough I left the keys right there next to Henry's car seat. At least I didn't lock Henry in the car, right?
The people in Long's were not particularly nice or helpful. I felt like it was jail, they were trying to grant me only one phone call! I knew Sam would be useless, as he was in class and wouldn't answer his phone, especially not the random and unknown Long's phone number. I called AAA, but then informed me that our membership had expired in August. of 2007!! Oooops.
So, I called the police department, they called me a tow truck, and Henry and I went outside to wait. We walked, he bounced on my lap, I didn't even have a pacifier. We went to Starbucks to warm up Henry's ears, and I had one of their new signature hot cocoas - salted caramel - while Henry tried relentlessly to take it from me.
About 40 minutes later, the tow truck came and opened my car with ease. I buckled Henry into his car seat, gave him his pacifier and turned on the heater. The little guy was asleep in 30 seconds. I took care of the paperwork (and the rather hefty fee!) and we were finally on our way home.
I think that was the longest "quick trip" to the pharmacy ever. So much for superwoman.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh man. Poor you-and what a follow up today! Let's hope tomorrow is better.
Post a Comment