Friday, April 24, 2009

Disneyland Disaster

Well, Sam and I were in desperate need of a little break and a lot of fun, so we planned a quick weekend getaway to the "happiest place on earth." My mom came along to join in the fun.

Unfortunately, we didn't get our fairytale ending.

Friday was a blast, although Disneyland with a baby is a totally different experience. We knew it would be, but these things are always a bit more exaggerated in life than in theory. I think we managed to hit about 4 rides all day.

Saturday morning I ended up sick as a dog - food poisoning. I spent the day in bed at the hotel while Sam and my mom took Henry to the pool. Then we all lounged and watched movies. Not exactly what we had in mind.

Sunday we were supposed to drive home, but had missed Disneyland, so we decided to hit the park for a few hours before piling back in the car. I still felt less than great, but I couldn't bear to miss yet another day with my Disney pals. The heat was incredible, we were all sweaty before 10 a.m.! We enjoyed a few rides, and Henry delighted in devouring an enormous, cold, juicy pickle.

We have many pictures, but between catching up at work, unpacking and recovering from the illness and quick trip, I haven't had time to upload and organize yet. More pictures to come soon.


1 comment:

Joy said...

Try again and stay with us for free. We live 20 minutes away.