After a very rough day 2 with many, many accidents, Henry was exhausted and very cranky. Can you blame him?
After a struggle with dinner I let him watch a few minutes of his favorite movie. He only wanted to wear his diapers. No trips to the potty, no underwear. He had had it!
I was finally able to convince him to sit on the potty once before bed, which was a successful trip! He got a treat and we celebrated. I was snuggled next to him in his bed and we were each talking about our day, in the dark, as usual. He mentioned his underwear and a hard day. I reassured him and said, "Learning to use the potty is really hard..."
But before I could finish my thought, Henry cheerfully chimed in, "But I can DO IT!"
"Yes you can."
I was so astonished and inspired by his positive attitude, despite such a miserable day. We finished our pep talk and got excited for a new day of learning.
This morning, Henry woke up happy and rested and ready to take on the potty! He went all morning at home with Dad and made it to daycare without any accidents. Of course I was thinking of him all day at work, wondering how the day was going.
Lucky me, I got an e-mail!
Howdy Mom and Dad...
We have had three big potties, one accident and he has been asleep since 1pm!:-) We did roll up the rugs today..decided not to put them back down for a week or so!! Don't feel bad, we did the same with the other kids too! My dry bill was getting ridiculous!!
Henry was so excited to share during first circle time.."I have new underwear and pants on friends"! He then proceeded to ask if they would like to see the undies! The girls laughed and the boys all compared which super hero they were wearing! Too funny!
It's a great day in the neighborhood!
First, I need to rant and rave yet again about the absolutely amazing childcare we are lucky enough to have found. I swear, it is a miracle and I don't know what we would do without our Sherry and Bob!
Second, Yippie! Only one accident today so far. Huge improvement. I am sure we will continue to have really tough and crappy days, but it is so nice to have a few good ones in between.
Third, while I was the one who wanted this, I am starting to be a little bit sad at how grown up my little guy is! I can't believe it.
1 comment:
Don't be sad. You still have a LOT of "little" Henry time left....honest. My kids are still little, right? See?
Post a Comment