Recently Overheard Conversations is something that I do on my other blog, Mom Muse, Minx (which has sadly been neglected for many months), but that felt appropriate to add here as well.
Basically, I just post a quote or snippet of conversation that was overheard and provided amusement or unexpected insight.
Here is the first Recently Overheard Conversation for the Harrison Tales Blog. Thanks to Sherry for capturing for me!
Henry: Sherry, did you know that I was having a rough day?
Henry's Friend: Henry, why were you having a rough day?
Henry: I wanted to stay home with my Dad, I love him. Hey...that is a picture of my Mom and my Dad...I love them both, this waffle and blueberries are good...I am having a great day...I have to go potty...
I about died laughing when I read this because I have spent my entire life struggling to keep my inner monologue on the inside and not constantly pouring out of my mouth. Sometimes I am more successful than others, but I am known for my constant verbalization of thoughts and weaving together seemingly unrelated topics without a breath. If I didn't know that this was also a very age appropriate trait, I would be tempted to say that he is very much like his mama!!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment