So I am supposed to be studying for my accounting midterm right now...I figured I could take a moment or two and answer a few of the questions that have been avalanching our inbox / comments / conversations and general day time experiences.
First - what does accounting have to do with law?
Ha - just kidding. I won't bore you with MY odyssey through Law and Business school.
First - When is your Due Date?
Amber is due June 10th...or 9th... or 11th... We have been getting slightly different days each time we go in for an ultrasound. But any of those three days are good because Business school finals are June 9th, 10th, and 11th...so the timing could not be better. Wait...rats.
Second - Is it a Boy or a Girl?
If the rocket ships weren't enough to tip you off... er... don't work for CSI.
Our child is a boy. We have had two ultrasounds where his man-parts have been clearly evident. Not to rub anyone's face in it, but I called it on the first day. Everyone was saying..."Oh Amber Amber, I just KNOW you will have a girl because...you have so many shoes..." (or something along those lines.) I don't know why I didn't get everyone coming up to me saying "Oh Sam, Sam, I know you will have a boy because you have so many...er..." Nevermind, I get it.
Third - Do you have any names?
Well, I do...but Amber says her uterus vetoes them. I don't see what is wrong with naming our first boy "William Preston" and our second boy "Theodore Logan"... and how did a uterus get a veto pen anyway?
The names are a tough call for us. Amber and I have different philosophies when it comes to naming. I want to burden our child with a name of legend that he would have to live up to. Something like "Winston Churchill" or "Abraham Lincoln" or "Jean-Luc Picard" whereas Amber prefers names that the child will actually like!!! Who gets a name they actually like?
Having said that, we have FINALLY started understanding each other when it comes to names. There are a few that both of us like... but you don't get to know them. My fault, really. When our good friends were naming their second daughter, they had picked out Mercedes -- which I really liked, I loved the character from Count of Monte Cristo... Being the insensitive guy that I am, I said one REALLY stupid joke ("So, when is Lexus due? Oh, I mean Mercedes") and POOF, their name was gone.
So I felt REALLY bad about that and decided that no one gets to ruin our names. So...poo poo to all you, you don't get to know em!
Anyway - if there are any other questions let me know. Thanks for following this great adventure with us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment