Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 22


Now in week 22, I feel like my belly keeps growing and growing and growing! It is the energizer belly...
The scary part is I know it is only going to get worse, it has just begun! A picture says a thousand words, so we gave you a few this week.

Our little man is growing and getting fatter and stronger! According to the baby books, he looks like a miniature newborn. He has fully grown eyebrows and eyelashes (let's HOPE they are the famous thick and luscious Harrison lashes!), but his hair has no pigment yet, so all the hair is bright white! (I am imagining something along the lines of a little, wrinkled old man.)

He is finally approaching the one pound mark, which scares me a bit, considering I have gained a LOT more weight than that!! Here are a few more pics to prove it!!!

Feeling the baby move has got to be one of the most fun things in the world! As he continues to grow, I can feel him more and more. It hasn't gotten to the point where he keeps me up at night, or is pretending my ribs are monkey bars, but I am sure it won't be long! Sam can feel him too, and since the little guy is especially active in the evening as I am getting ready for bed, we now have a nightly routine that includes baby time. After I get into bed, Sam will come and put his hands on my belly, and wait. Before long, he starts to feel all kinds of flutters and squirms and bumps and kicks. Sometimes baby will give Sam a really good kick, and that always gets us both laughing and excited. Sam so loves this new routine, of saying hello to his son each night, that even if the little one has already gone to sleep, Sam pokes, shakes and presses on the baby's belly fortress, and talks to him, telling him to wake up! Usually, he is persistent enough to get at least some small response.

3 comments:

Rachel Kirkham said...

Hi. I'm not sure if you remember me but we met years ago when you and Sam were first married. I am Debbie Harrison's cousing on her side. I just wanted to say congratulations on the baby and tell you how cute and funny your blog is. We have one too...www.rachandjay.blogspot.com in case you are interested in our boring lives. Congratulations again and I look forward to hearing more about Baby Harrison!!

Tamms said...

All I have to say is bring on that belly girl!

Erin Starnes said...

oh my is that what i am going to look like in 2 months!!!it's hard to believe!you look so great!somehow i dont think i will!!!lol!!!you need to stop buying stuff so that people have stuff to buy you for your baby shower!silly!!!i know i know its so exciting!rob is so excited too!he actually continues to smile while i am dry heaving!!!!keep the pictures coming!they are great!